Tuesday 19 June 2012

The Alma Farnham Sun 17th June

What a gig! I love MC'ing this one. The Alma (@thealmafarnham) is a small country pub just outside Farnham. I first met James, the landlord, when I was banished from London one Monday to host a quiz there by the evil quiz lord Andy Burns (@questiononequiz).

Not a huge crowd but really friendly and appreciative and generally regulars.

And despite a stuff up with bookings (my bad), we still had four awesome acts so a huge thanks to:

Jason Patterson
He's not

Rosie Martin
Jilf right
Elizabeth Hotson aka Julie 'Psycho' Jones
Family Size Bottle of WKD


                                                                                  and Lindsay Sharman

Balls
Jason the honed and toned professional that he is, opened smoothly with Rosie jilfing us into the break. Psycho Julie exploded into the second half with Lindsay toffing us out into the warm, glistening night.

Huge apologies to The Top Secret Comedy Club and Jason. We started a lot later that I'd been told and as a result Jason missed his MC'ing slot in Covent Garden but if its any consolation, my girlfriend now has a crush on you. Bastard.


We'll be back in Farnham next month on the 22nd so anyone fancy a slot drop me a line. I'm changing the format to five  5 min beginner/open slots with a bring a friend element and competition, then four 15 minute slots.

15 minute slots pay 25 squids plus travel expenses so give me a holler.

Oh and Ali, this one's just for you:

No comments:

Post a Comment