Tuesday 24 July 2012

Gigs, meetings and Family stuff!


What an extraordinary few weeks it’s been!

Meetings, gigs, more meetings, some more gigs and a baby!

I’m an Uncle!
First up, the most important news – news that will terrify many of you and may just alert the authorities – I’ve become an Uncle! My sickeningly perfect sister gave birth to the Pale Warrior himself, the ebullient 7lb 4oz Finlay. So, congratulations to Lisa and Sam. I’ve already bought him a season ticket to Crystal Palace, which may or may not constitute child abuse.

Comedy Sketch Show
And now to work. You may remember a few weeks ago me posting about an audition I had for the role of a gay James Bond. I had a meeting with director Andrew Faure over a few beers not too long ago with the result that, once filming of Queen & Country is over, we’re going to start work on a few straight to web comedy sketch videos with a view to eventually compiling a pilot; finally, someone as equally delusional who shares my (lack of) artistic vision. Any donations please place in the brown envelopes provided.

Original Dating Boat Party
Friday 20th saw myself and Marc hosting another huge Original Dating boat party. 200 singles took to the high seas with locks and keys in hand, all accompanied by the rampant roustabouts The Gremlins. Feedback has been overwhelming - in a good way - so thanks to all who came and a big ‘Nice One Captain!’ to Andrew Summersgill, the erstwhile admiral of the Original Dating Armada. Spot the deliberate mistake.

Edinburgh Shmedinburgh
Comedian Gary Tro is looking to host an event at the Balham Bowls Club in the coming weeks for all those who have shunned the bright lights of Edinburgh this year. Think of a bit of a networking knees up for comedians and punters with a cracking gig attached. More info coming soon but if you’re interested I rekcon give Gazza a shout.

Anarcomey at The Alma, Farnham
Soooo, what else… Um… Oh yes! How could I forget last night? An absolute balls and labia out amazing comedy night at The Alma, Farnham. Small crowd but what a lineup, even if I do say so myself.


Don 'Dyspraxic Ninja' Biswas
Stevie ‘Ooh Arrrrr’ Gray
                                                                                       Jo Jo ‘Fuck You!’ Giourgiou 

                                                   




All MC’d  by John ‘It’s my gig and I’ll plug myself if I want to’ Davis

I’ll leave a full write up in last night for my next post, but in the mean time, stay funny. And if you can’t stay funny, cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment